Viewing entries tagged
Taking a quick break from my work to peek in and share my September coups de coeur (french for my favorite things) during the month that just ended. I mean September is cool by itself just because it brings us Fall, but I also lived and discovered little treasures that I love to share in one post today.
1. I have been loving sharing Quotable Mondays. It is basically a post with some of my favorite twittable quotes directly from my blog. I am starting to partner with bloggers that also do hand lettering to bring pin-worthy quotes that would be published on Mondays. Are you interested in collaborating with me? Let me know! PS. This picture also represents this month's celebration of National coffee day!
2. So happy to have been featured in 2 different blogs this month for which I wrote a short interview. The first was a food related interview on Heartbeet Kitchen Blog that is run by author and fabulous cook Amanda. She also shared a delicious treat here that you need to check out! I was also featured on Allyslewis website in which I shared a bit about how I decided to grow and manage my blog. If you missed it, you can read it here.
3. A sea of neon balloons for a children's program in which I participated this month.
4. In this month I made my first pie (from scratch) ever! I wrote a whole post about it to share the full adventure.
5. This month I received my first Deeply Rooted Magazine that came with a beautiful, small print with a spiritual thought for me to display on my wall. I am slowly reading it and I am enjoying some of the stories of creatives and how they use their talents to glorify God and be a light in the world. I discovered that it is more of a young adult women kind of magazine. Some topics applied to me but for others I will have pull it out when I get to that stage of life.
6. I shared a DIY that I love and use in my house. A neon macrame plant hanger, what is there not to love?!
Coups de Coeur
I am not a big follower of style or fashion blogs, but I discovered this one from my hometown and I love it!
Do you have a hard time transitioning your wardrobe from summer to fall? Here are some unusual ways to do it that I truly enjoyed reading. This blogger is the most creative, style blogger that I've seen in terms of putting outfits together. I have been following her for a while, not only because of her thrifty style that is according to my my own heart, but also for her writing.
I started joining a new Twitter chat on Tuesday evenings at 9 EST under the hashtag #fireworkpeople. It is a community of creatives that get together to encourage each other on following our dreams, making things happen and use our gifts to uplift others. Join their Facebook page if you wish to check it out!
This month the new Darling Magazine came out and I am so happy. I enjoy reading the articles and pacing myself so that I can really take in all the beauty. Join the #realnotretouched movement.
I got a membership on Skillshare and have done quite a few classes already but be sure to check out the ones by Justina Blakeney. I've loved her blog, her style, and I've faithfully followed her on Pinterest so when I saw that I could take her class I was ecstatic! Sign up for a free month and take her styling class here.
If you are a magazine junkie like me, you will be happy to learn about this magazine called Thryve Magazine. Their message is constructive, challenging, and they have amazing photography. I was glad to come across it through some friends.
Two exciting launches this month: Christian Girl Magazine launched their site and I am so happy for them! Also, my blogger friend over at Dearly Loved Blog re-lauched her site and if you love reading posts full of insight and simultaenoesly biblically sound, you will love her blog!
As you know, I love instagram so so much, and here are my 3 favorite IG accounts at the moment: here, here and here.
Movies I loved watching lately, which 2 are food related movies: Chef, 100 foot journey and Begin again.
Enjoy October XOXO
How can it be August already? The first week of August in Puerto Rico means that we will still have summer heat for a while (yay!) but it also means that school has just started and that my husband is going back to work (boo!). So today I am sharing with you my July Coups de Coeur (french for favorites) and I hope that you are inspired by it.
1. The highlight of July was definitely spending a few days with my family in Montreal and being able to explore amazing coffee shops, see some dear friends, and just enjoy all the diversity of the city I call my first home.
2. Perfect depiction of our little tradition that we have before every trip or before every grocery purchase day, it has to do with being creative and making a new recipe out of whatever is left in the fridge. Thanks to Project pick it for featuring one of my pictures and the stories I often attach to them!
3. This month I published a post on one of my childhood frozen treats and I really had fun taking pictures for it. I actually made the Frozen Banana Pops for my Sunday school class of pre-teens that I happen to love and have tons of fun with.
4. This map picture really depicts how many times we had to pack and unpack for a trip during this month. In between one of those trips I took a little break and treated myself to a mani and pedi at our local Essie Nail bar. I wish you one close by.
5. Once again, I participated in this month's "Between Lenses" photography collaboration created by two great bloggers and curated by any blogger that desires to link up. This month's theme was "movement" and this is the picture I chose to share.
6. Last but not least a picture of my husband's hands pouring coffee for both of us, one of my favorite pictures I took this past month. Thanks to Village Style community for featuring this picture on their Instagram account.
My Coups de Coeur
♥ My favorite bloggers have launched a second app that happens to be really fun, especially for photo strips. Have you downloaded the Party App? What do you think?
♥ Have you ever had an Instagram crush? This blogger, that also happens to be a stylist and a designer for children's clothes, is one of the reasons I spend too much time on Instagram in the first place. She blogs about her life in Brooklyn with her little girl, new born baby, and husband. I love how real about life she is and how colorful her thrifted wardrobe is. Welcome to the new baby!
♥ A great find for me lately has been the "Printable Planner for Procrastinators" created by Sofia Cope. It is really colorful and features a beautifully design I'm sure will inspire you to take action , the first of which should be taking advantage of the discount you can find on her website until August 15, 2014.
♥ Thanks to a fellow blogger that has been a guest here, I am now completely hooked on podcasts by Jess Lively (The Lively Show). My recent, over eager attitude when volunteering to do dishes may give it away because now I get to listen them while I clean. The podcasts are short and varied. She brings all these amazing people to talk about their business experience in such a fun and relevant way.
♥ Discovered a new Christian Magazine, that makes a magazine lover like me very happy. Deeply Rooted Magazine is about to publish their second printed issue, but you can also get them digitally. For a visual person like me, that also loves to talk and connect with people that have faith, this magazine is a breath of fresh air.
♥ Also if you haven't done it, I suggest that you download the "She Reads Truth" app to read the Bible with a great community of women, accompanied by beautiful photography and beautifully designed study packs. I am currently a little behind because I started the "Sermon on the Mount" study a bit late but I am enjoying it so much.
"God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs | Matthew 5:3"